What other ways can one detect a lack of connection in Roadshow? #1
bsdsocket.library is always available, so checking
Socket Library Open for
0 won't work. How else can we detect that there's no internet connection without making a network request that fails?
- Looking for interfaces?
- Break down existing logic flow, make sure return values are all correct.
- Test with timeout. Is the correct handling being done?
- "Uninstall" Roadshow when done by moving bsdsocket.library out of the way.
- Do a DNS check to a known remote server. This is how IBrowse first determines connectivity.
- Attempt an initial connect with a reasonably sized timeout (5 seconds is probably enough). If that fails, you likely don't have a connection.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?